Monday, May 21, 2007

Studying Through Romans Part 6

2:1-4 "You, therefore have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. Now we know that God's judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God's judgment? Or do you show contempt for the riches of His kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?"

I often judge others for the sin in their life. But it is interesting to realize that most of the sins that I do not like in other people are in me. For example I do not like it when people are selfish, but I have realized that I am one of the most selfish people I know. I often take God's kindness for granted. I forget about His wrath and think that God will love me no matter what. Well it is true that God loves us no matter what we do. But we are to demonstrate our love for Him. It is only because of God's kindness in sacrificing His Son that we can repent and be saved from our sins and their wages (death).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So true, I do that too. Dislike something in someone else, then realize I do the same thing.
-Michelle