Sunday, May 27, 2007

Dangerous Exits Part 1

I'm excited about Hope Church. I like the people and the love that I see. I think that I am going to post the sermon notes every week.

Philippians 3:16

The Exit Of Desertion

Remember When You First Believed (Philipians 1:21)

Remember When You Were First In Love

There is an insatiable desire to learn in the relationship

There is an incredible time investment in the relationship

There is an intense preoccupation in the relationship

Revelation 2:2-5, I John 4:18

William Barclay said, "Agape has to do with the mind: it is not simply an emotion which rises unbidden in our hearts; it is a principle by which we deliberately live" (New Testament Words, p. 21)

3 Steps Back To The Right Track

#1 Remember The Motivation Not The Emotion (Revelations 2:5, Matthew 5:44)

#2 Repent For Living Selfishly Not Selflessly (Revelations 2:5, Lamentations 3:40)

#3 Return To How We Began Not For Selfishness (Revelations 2:5)

Emotion Only Leads To Momentary Motion But Motion Leads To Momentum Emotion (John 13:34, John 14:15, 23-24)

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Love comes from action. This is something that I have to strive for in my relationship with God. I cannot assume because I am not on a "spiritual high" that I do not love God. Passion must be expressed by actions. And if there is no passion, actions must happen for passion to follow.