Sunday, May 20, 2007

40 Days Of Purpose

My family has been visiting a church in our town for the past few Sundays. The pastor has been preaching a series on Rick Warren's "Purpose Driven Life". Today he reviewed everything from the past sermons. I think that it is a good idea to remember these things.

1. Life is not about me.
A. God is the focus not me. Hebrews 2:10 and Colossians 1:16
B. God still does miracles. Psalms 77:14 and Ephesians 3:20

2. Life is preparation for eternity. Ecc. 3:11

I was...

Planned For God's Pleasure = Worship
Formed For God's Family = Fellowship
Created To Become Like Christ = Discipleship
Shaped To Serve God = Ministry
Made For A Mission = Evangelism

3. We Grow Though...
A. making commitments
B. fellowship

James 2:17, Proverbs 27:17, Philipians 4:9, Hebrews 10:25

4. Now
A. Start putting it into practice
B. Start praying for others
C. Start passing it on

2 Timothy 2:2, John 4:35, Thessalonians 3:1, Acts 17:5-7, Romans 1:8

No comments: