Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Not of This World

"Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, and I'm from some planet far far away."

I like to say this to be funny and explain why I just don't get certain cultural things. Being an alien explains why I don't know anything about sports or music or popular people. I don't always understand why people think the way that they do or act the way that they do.

But as I was thinking about this I realized that I am correct. I'm not of this world. This world is not my home, heaven is. Because I have stored treasures up in heaven, that is where my heart and my home is. But sometimes it is easy to forget where I belong and start acting like I belong in this world. And that is when I get myself into trouble.

Remember that God calls us to live in the world but not to be of the world. The world and its desires pass away but the man who does the will of God will live forever. Amen!

No comments: