Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Purity Ring

I have been thinking of my purity ring that I wear on the ring finger of my left hand. It is a small silver ring shaped into a design with a heart and a cross in the center. The ring symbolizes that I will save sex for marriage. But it means far more than that. It stands for all the promises that I have made to God.

#1 I will love Him and follow Him forever. God is first in my life and will always be. He created love and He is Love.
#2 God has chosen someone for me to marry. I have promised to wait for him sexually, emotionally and spiritually. I will not have sex or even kiss until I am married.
#3 I will live a life of purity because that is what God has required of me.
#4 I will treat young men as brothers and not play with their hearts.

And above all it has come to symbolize waiting. I must wait. I wait for my husband to be. I wait for God. I wait for Jesus to come. I wait to see His face. I wait for the day I will be pure before God. I wait for the wedding feast. I wait.

No comments: