Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Resist the Devil...

Too often I have lived my life on the edge. I have been straddling the fence, trying to please God while living for myself. Living for God is hard. But when we live for ourselves we find pain and sorrow.

I can't live like this anymore. Resisting the devil may seem easy. But its not because he gets inside your head. He tells you lies everyday trying to drag you down. But the voice of truth is louder. When we hear the voice of truth but do not listen we are disobeying God. But when we listen we please God. It is difficult but it is what God expects of us.

I'm going to flee more. Instead of letting the devil get to me I'm just going to run. It is easy to run physically but it is harder to run mentally. When my mind is not dwelling on pure things it is hard to bring it back to Godly things. But I must strive towards holiness. I don't care what happens, I must flee. O help me God!

No comments: