Wednesday, October 7, 2009

He Protected Me

I have spent a lot of time this year thinking about my childhood. I am thankful that God protected me throughout my childhood. God gave me a strong will but He also gave me parents who "trained me up in the way I should go." God's protection and the strong will that He gave me kept me safe many times.

During my childhood...

- I never broke a bone. I never got stitches or was seriously injured.

- God gave me the strength to say no to things that would have really hurt me.

- I had parents that loved each other. I never had to worry about them separating or getting a divorce.

- I had good examples and learned from them. I also learned not to repeat other people's mistakes.

- God kept boys away from me. I didn't have to deal with boyfriends and breakups and the pain and regret from those relationships.

- God gave me good health and a strong body.

I had so many things in my childhood that other people missed out on. This year I have learned to thank God instead of taking it all for granted.

No comments: