Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I Want to Hold Your Hand

There are days that are lonelier than others. They are not necessarily the days when I am alone. The days that I feel the loneliest is when I have spent time with other people and then I leave or they leave. I feel really lonely then. My heart aches for something more. Today is one of those days.

Sometimes it seems like no guys pay any attention to me. I wonder if I'm invisible. My heart aches for someone to notice me. My heart aches for a companion. I want someone to love. I want to hold their hand and feel the strength of their grip on my hand.

I know God has plans for me and that I am supposed to follow them. But how do I know what they are? I think God wants me to go to chiropractic school but I'm not sure. How do I know what God wants for me? How do I know if God has someone in store for me. Why is God silent? Does silence mean that God wants me to finish school before He will tell me if I am to marry someone. I am scared. What happens if God does tell me to do something. What if I don't want to do it? What if God asks me to leave my family and go to another country? What if I never hear God? How will I know what steps to take? I wish I could just hold His hand. Then there would be no fear of going the wrong way. Sometimes I wish I could throw everything away and run into the arms of Jesus. Some day I will. Some day I will meet Jesus in the clouds. I will be in heaven with Him and then I will rein with Christ. Life will not be confusing then. Life will be perfect when I'm holding hands with Jesus. I want to hold Your hand.

1 comment:

TheSacredOwl said...

Wow... This actually made me choke up a bit.

Miriam, I love you. You're never alone, not anymore and never again. Even if this was long before you and I met.

Because of you, you're the ONLY girl I notice. The black and white environment that's colored by your character. You're the answer to my prayers before I knew what I was praying for.

I hope to be the answer to yours. You're worth the best, and the best is Jesus--so I'll settle for bronze or even a string with a little bottlecap on it. =]