Thursday, April 10, 2008

My First Poetry

Trying

As I sit here trying to write,

there is this noise drowning my thoughts.

A thousand frogs or so it seems,

O I JUST WANT TO SCREAM!


So I go to another place.

This place is quiet or so it seems.

But the frogs follow me there.

I can’t write this poem here.


So I go to another place.

I won’t hear those frogs anymore.

But then a frog hops into view.

He looks at me and opens his mouth.

Out comes a noise that I didn’t want to hear.

GO AWAY YOU DREADFUL FROG!


Then all of a sudden

as if my scream had summoned them all,

a thousand frogs jump into view.

Before I could utter a sound

a thousand frog’s voices drowned out mine.

When I tried to escape a thousand frogs barred my way.

So I opened my mouth and began to scream.

I CAN’T WRITE or so it seems!

Pure White

White blossoms in spring
remind me of snow.
They contrast with the dark green
of trees nearby.

White blossoms in spring
remind me of brides.
Dressed in flowing, flowery gowns,
they stand innocently with hands clasped tight.

White blossoms in spring
remind me of angels.
Held high by lofty branches
Pure and Holy
Untouched by human hand.

2 comments:

Joel Yap said...

hahaha!
I do not like poetry at all. Poems sound weird. Why can't people talk normally and say normal words?

Miriam said...

I don't like poetry either. I would rather read a story. But I had to write a poem for one of my classes. I wrote the one about frogs and then I felt inspired to write about some trees on campus. Since Pure White turned out to be a much better poem, I turned that one into my teacher.