Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Small Miracle

Last weekend I went down to my Grandma's house in Beaumont (near Banning). I drove down with my Father and three brothers to pick up my Grandma's truck (she is giving it to Isaac). On Saturday afternoon I drove the truck home with Isaac. My Grandma's truck is almost thirty years old so we were not sure if it would make the drive home. It lugged down on the hills coming home but did very well until we were coming up out of the Gaviota Pass. There is a long steep hill right there. The truck bogged down and Isaac put it into first gear. But then the truck started to sputter and I pulled over just as it died. The truck would not start back up. We sat there letting the engine cool. Then Isaac put some water in the radiator. I tried to start the truck again but nothing happened. So we prayed and then called our Father to pray for us. Then I tried again. But nothing happened. I knew that God had the power to start the engine so I turned the key again and it started!!! We said, "thank you God" and started slowly chugging up the hill. We made it to the top and all the way home.

I thought it was cool that God kept us safe, started the truck and brought us home. People say that there are no miracles now days, but there are. I just witnessed one.

One more thing. My brother Isaac has been unable to start the truck again.

No comments: