Monday, July 9, 2007

God's Perscription For Healthy Relationships Pt 1

5 Ingredients For A Lifetime Of Love

Two Misconceptions About Love
1. Love is only a feeling
2. Love is uncontrollable

The Truth About Love
Love is a matter of choice (Colossians 3:14)
Love is a matter of conduct (1 John 3:18)
Love is a matter of character (2 Corinthians 3:18, 1 Corinthians 13:4-8)

Ingredient #1 Time (1 Corinthians 13:4)
Patience involves humility and gentleness (Ephesians 4:2)

Ingredient #2 Kindness (1 Corinthians 13:4)
Avoiding deposits in the bitterness bank involves choosing a tender heart and forgiveness

Ingredient #3 Trust (1 Corinthians 13:4)
Envy+Bragging+Pride= Insecurity (Ephesians 4:29, Proverbs 26:24, 28)

Ingredient #4 Giving (1 Corinthians 13:5)

Ingredient #5 Action (1 Corinthians 13:7)

1 comment:

Miriam said...

I have realized this year that I am a very unloving person. Why am I so unloving? I am selfish and lazy. I have a hard time giving, being kind, trusting people, and having patience. I have been wanting God to change my heart and make me more loving. I have the desire and now this sermon has given me action steps to fulfill my desire.