Tuesday, July 24, 2007

God's Perscription For Healthy Relationships Pt 3

Five Practical Steps For Unity & Peace

Four ways to handle conflict

The ghost method
The general's method
The gang method
The God method

Philippians 2:1-2

To Conquer Conflict We Must Start With Being Like-Minded
Having the same love
Having the same spirit
Having the same purpose

1. Defuse Competition (Phil. 2:3, James 4:1-2)

2. Delete Conceit (Phil. 2:3, Proverbs 13:10; 16:18, Matthew 7:3)

3. Decrease Criticism (Phil. 2:3c, Ephesians 4:29, James 4:11-12, Romans 14:1,4)

4. Demonstrate Consideration (Phil, 2:4)

5. Develop Christ- Likeness (Phil. 2:5-8, Galatians 2:22, Ephesians 4:3)

1 comment:

Miriam said...

How I long for unity and peace. But I understand I will never have it on this earth. I will never have peace and unity with others until I have been made perfect. But I can get closer and closer each day by following these five steps. I think my biggest problem is demonstrating consideration. Even when I really appreciate someone I don't let them know. So many people have done wonderful things for me and I don't even show them a little consideration for how they might feel. I feel terrible.

I just ask that God will help me and soften my heart and make me more caring.