Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Complaining

This summer had the potential to be filled with fun, family, and friends. But about halfway into it I've realized that I'm too busy to hang out with friends and do all the things that I really wanted to do.

I'm spending a lot of time in the dojo teaching. I really enjoy this and it has been the only time of "socializing" this summer. And not much socializing is done in a karate class where we only talk about karate and spend most of the time working out. I spend most of the time counting techniques, correcting and encouraging students.

When I'm not in the dojo I work for my Daddy, eat, talk to my boyfriend, and sleep. I still haven't had time to unpack and put all my dorm stuff away. I haven't had time to clean my room or my car. I don't have time to go to the beach, or the park, or even go for a walk. I don't have the time or energy to exercise. I don't have the time to work on my book or write more poetry.

But that's enough complaining. Life is pretty awesome when I stop to think about God and everything that he has done for me

No comments: