Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I'm Done With Finals!

After a tough semester I'm finally done. It is amazing to see how God led me through this year so far. He deserves all the glory. I actually finished my classes this semester.

I have big plans for this summer. I just decided that I am going to call this the summer of worship. One of my goals is to read the Old Testament this summer. I don't want to waste this summer. I want to learn more about God and develop a deeper relationship with Him. I want to seek His will over some things in my life so I know that I will be praying this summer too!. I want my relationship with God to be based on Him and not on my church. What I mean by this is that I want to worship God this summer on my own. I want to develop a personal time spent with God only. I want to worship on the beach, in the park, walking the streets, and maybe up in the hills. I want to sing my own song and dance my own dance and pray my own prayer.

I ask that God will keep me from falling. Falling hurts.

I want to read Practicing the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence.

I also want to spend time with my wonderful family. I want to spend time with my Daddy.

I have a few other goals that aren't as important like:

-Losing a few pounds of fat
-Gaining some more muscle
-Training kata (karate)
-Eating healthier than I have been
-Organizing my room

Most of the summer is going to be spent in the dojo. I'm looking forward to teaching and learning.

No comments: