Sunday, May 17, 2009

Do You Love Your Church More Than God?

I often get revelations during church service. One time I was thinking about how much my Daddy loves me. Even when I was bad and he spanked me as a child, he still loved me. He loves me despite knowing all my faults and failures. My Daddy loves me. Then I realized that if my Daddy (who is imperfect) could love me like that, then how much more my Heavenly Father (who is perfect) loves me. When I sin God is grieved but He still loves me. Maybe that is why He grieves so much. If you didn't love someone you wouldn't care about them or if they sinned or not.

Well last night during church this question came into my head. Do I love my church more than God? If I felt like my church was doing something irreverent would I leave? Or would I stay because I love the people. Do I love God more than the people? This is a easy question because I know the right one. I love God more. But this is a hard question because do I really love Him more?

The final question that I am asking myself is: Do I love God enough to leave my church? The answer is yes! A few months ago God had me surrendering my family to Him and I can definitely give my church up to Him. The only thing left to do is to pray. I need to pray that God will reveal His will to me and let me know what He wants me to do.

I can't believe that I am posting this...maybe so you can pray for me.

No comments: