Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Those Who Hope in The Lord

This post is a follow up on My Hope Is In Christ Jesus.

My Daddy had his surgery last week. It went very well and he was recovering fast so they released him from the hospital on Saturday. My parents came straight home (the hospital was a three hour drive from home) and arrived in the early afternoon. I had arrived home on Friday and was happy that I could spend more time with my parents. We had a good Easter together with my younger brothers. We read through and talked about the book of Galatians and then had a wonderful dinner.

I've been a little more motivated to study. The end of the semester is in sight and so is the end of my formal learning. When I was home on spring break I decided not to go to chiropractic school. It was making me stress more and I wasn't even sure I wanted to be a chiropractor. Being home made me realize how wonderful it is to have a family and a home. It also made me realize how much I enjoy teaching karate. Karate is my passion. I could be a wonderful chiropractor but I could also do anything else that I set my mind to. This decision has taken a load off of me.

I've found new strength in God to resist the devil. I have been spending more time with God. Not formal sit down and read/pray time but informal walking around and talking time. I am happier spending more time dwelling on the goodness of God.

About all that stuff I can't talk about. I still can't talk about it. But I have brought it to God and given it up to Him. I have been calling on Him daily to help me through this time in my life. It is a hard time for me. But God is good.

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.

No comments: