Thursday, September 18, 2008

Forgiveness

I think forgiveness and love goes hand in hand. If you love someone you will forgive them. If you forgive someone it is done out of love for that person or love for God. Forgiveness is one of the things we struggle the most with. I have a hard time forgiving. But God has forgiven us and we now have eternal life. We ought to forgive others. God has called me to forgive those who have hurt me and my loved ones. The hardest people to forgive are those who refuse to forgive. But I have to forgive others because of what God has forgiven me.

Forgiveness is not just saying sorry. It is saying that you will love that person even though they hurt you. Forgiveness is not talking about what they did wrong. Forgiveness is forgetting what they did. True forgiveness is powerful. It is one of the most powerful ways to share the gospel with someone.

Please forgive your brother his trespasses. Forgive your mother and father. Forgive your sister. Forgive your son and daughter. Love them as Christ has loved you.

No comments: