Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Years 2008

This year has gotten off to a great start! I think it is amazing how my family started this year on the right track with prayer. We pray every New Year's Eve, but this year we also had an awesome prayer time on the 1st. I thought it was really cool to be praying. Then yesterday I had this conversation with a classmate. She opened up and shared a lot of stuff about her past. I encouraged her to find a church and other believers. I know that it was a divine encounter. Last night when I went to pick Daniel up from youth group they were still singing. One of the songs was about giving our whole life to the Lord. It was the first time I could sing about giving everything to God with truth. I always want to hold onto things, but last night I felt free. I just want this year to be one that I will spend in prayer. I understand that I can't do anything without God. But I also understand that I have to do things. I can't live my life not doing things out of fear. God, I surrender all. This is the first time I mean it with all my heart.

No comments: