Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Looking Backwards and Forwards

The year 2007 was a great year. It had many ups and downs but overall I learned a lot. My family left our church in January. Since then we have found a new church and I have made some new friends there. I have gotten involved in a small group that is a real blessing.
School has gone okay. I had a easier semester in the spring and a stressful fall semester.
I met a lot of great people and developed deeper friendships. I made a stupid mistake that God turned out good. I entered into a relationship with someone that I shouldn't have. I ended up hurting him a lot. But I think God used it to teach me some important things. There is a guy at church that I think may be interested in me.

The year 2008 is going to be one of great adventure. I have a lot of praying to do about that guy. I want to be in God's will.
I am looking forward to another great year in the martial arts. I love teaching karate. I am starting a new class this year.
I am looking forward to another semester at Hancock. I will miss Brian and Michelle because they have transfered. But I will meet new people and develop new relationships. I have great friends.
This year scares me because I know that it holds many new things. But with God holding my hand I know that I'll be able to walk.

I learned a few very important things this last year.

1. Friends may come and go and guys may come and go but family is forever. My family may have problems but they are always there for me.

2. God is love and God is just. I have realized the simple truth that because God is love He wants to save us and because He is just someone had to take the punishment. Christ took our sins upon Himself and died so we might live.

3. Everything is temporary...except for God.

4. I don't have to know the future. I only have to know God's will for today. I need to learn to walk day by day holding onto God hand.

5. Relationships with people are risky. But I have to take risks. I have to learn to hold onto God as I enter into deeper relationships so when I fall He will hold me up.

6. God loves me. That is so amazing. He loves me no matter what I say or do. He loves me forever. He shows me love every day. He loves me more than anybody does. He loves me more than I can ever love someone. God loves me more than I can imagine. God is Love.

No comments: