Saturday, June 2, 2007

Imaginations

The other day one of my younger brothers asked what did we do before karate. (We have been evolved in karate for the past seven years.) My mother replied that we were busy having babies and taking care of them. She said we stayed at home and found things to do. It made me think about what I used to do when I was younger. I remember playing outside for hours with Matthew and Isaac. We would play indians and hunt with bows and arrows. I would make a fort and gather stones and sticks for a pretend fire. When our grandpa gave us a big bag of pecans from his tree we would crack the nuts with rocks and eat them. Sometimes we would be soldiers and march around with our toy guns that daddy made for us. Other times we would be woodsmen and hunters. We would explore and play for hours each day.

Some days we would stay inside. Matthew and I would read for hours. Isaac and I would play house and make grand forts in the playroom. We would pile chairs and toy boxes and stuff in a corner with towels as the roof. We would bake cookies and brownies in the kitchen. We would sometimes play hotel and restaurant.

We had really amazing imaginations back then. Sometimes when I play with my younger cousins now I wish that I still had that imagination.

No comments: