Friday, April 9, 2010

Self Consciousness

This thing called self consciousness is interesting. It keeps people from doing and saying things. When I was younger I was way more self conscious than I am now. The one thing that I regret is that it kept me from enjoying myself at times. I am still self conscious to a degree but I don't care what others think as much as a used to. I do care about their feelings because I don't want to hurt them. But sometimes you end up hurting people more by staying silent or refusing to do something that you think is goofy, childish or just plain crazy. I think it is more important to be yourself. When you are yourself people can see that you are not perfect and they appreciate who you are. I consider my best friends to be the ones that I am comfortable being myself around them. The friends who I can act crazy with. My best friends are the ones who I don't have to worry about them getting upset over something careless that I said or did. They understand that my intentions toward them are good.

My challenge to you is this: let down your guard and have fun.

No comments: